The table below gives an overview of what Yordex will sync with Xero.
In the section below we describe how to sync.
What Yordex will sync:
View the table here.
Yordex Data Pushed Into Xero Pulled from Xero Manual Setup
We do not sync the following information with Xero:
- Transfers into the Yordex account: Transfers you make from your own account to the Yordex account are not pushed into Xero by us. You will need to book them yourself, following these steps.
- Payments for non-card transactions: it is possible to manage purchase orders, invoices and expenses that were not made on a Yordex card in Yordex. For these, you have to arrange payment yourself. You will also have to mark the purchase or expense as paid manually in Yordex at the moment.
- Chart of accounts ("cost allocations" in Yordex): The reason is that typically your employees will only assign costs to a small subset of your accounts and we do not wish to confuse them by presenting the entire list. Another reason is that in Yordex, cost allocations can be organised by department, customer, location etc to help you manage your budgets and that information is not available in Xero. This article explains how to set up your chart of accounts in Yordex.
How to sync with Xero
In the Yordex interface
- Go to ["Settings" > "Services"]
- If not already done, first connect with Xero. See this article for more details
- Click "sync now"
Once done, you will receive an email with an overview of all transactions that were synced with Xero.