Sometimes virtual cards have some money left over after they have been used, for instance, if they were raised for a greater amount than was actually paid. This leads to a less optimal use of funds.
Rather than leaving unallocated funds spread across multiple cards and therefore not being available for spending elsewhere, we recommend you use our new Balance Write-Off feature to make it painless and fast to make sure funds are allocated where they are needed.
The following conditions must be met in order to write off the remainder of the purchase:
- A payment must have been received against the purchase
- This payment event must have an invoice and the status 'Completed'.
- There must be a second payment event at the bottom of the purchase with the status 'For Confirmation'.
Write off the remainder
To write off the amount, closing the purchase, blocking the card and returning the remaining balance back to the master balance:
- In the Yordex interface navigate to "Purchases" and find the purchase.
- Select "More" >"Write off remainder".
- Click "OK" on the confirmation message.
This completes the Purchase as there is no more left to pay and moves any funds from the virtual card back to central balance, if the purchase is linked to a card.