There are four ways to create suppliers in Yordex
- One-time import
- Contacts page
- Supplier boarding form
- Orders page
When setting up your account, we will do a one-time import of all your existing suppliers. How this is done depends on the accounting system you use
- For cloud-based accounting systems like Xero and Quickbooks, suppliers are imported when connecting to Yordex
- For other accounting systems, please contact us to do a one-time CSV import
To create a new supplier on the Contacts page
- On the Yordex interface, go to ["Contacts"]
- Click ["+ New Contact"]
- Complete the form. Details about each field can be found on this article
- Click ["Create Contact"] to save the supplier
Supplier boarding form
Instead of entering all information yourself, you can ask your supplier to fill in a supplier boarding form online. The supplier does not need to have a Yordex account.
To find out more about our supplier boarding form, go to this article.
To create a new supplier on the Purchases page
- On the Yordex interface, go to ["Purchases"]
- Click ["+ New Purchase"]
- Click on the "Seller" drop down and type the name of your supplier
- In the drop down menu, the field "Supplier name (New)" will appear. For example, if you typed ACME as your supplier, you will now see "ACME (New)" on the list. Click on this field to add the new supplier.
Creating a supplier this way will create the Contact but with their company name only. To enter more details you can update the supplier in the Contacts section.