Set up the Yordex bank account in Xero (when using Yordex Cards)
If you are using Yordex cards, you will need to set up a new bank account in Xero.
Yordex offers prepaid Mastercard cards. To top up those cards, Yordex comes with a bank account set up in your name. This Yordex bank account should be set up in Xero, ideally before you connect for the first time. You can do it later too by disconnecting from Xero and connecting back again.
Connecting to Xero
To connect to Xero
- In the Yordex interface, go to ["Settings" > "Services"]
- Click on ["Connect to Xero"]. Please contact us if you cannot see the "Connect to Xero" button.
- Login to Xero
- Allow Yordex to access Xero
Mapping bank accounts In Yordex
There are two bank accounts to be mapped:
- If you use Yordex Cards, map the bank account you just set up in Xero. If not, leave this field blank
- Map the bank account to be used for all other transactions
Mapping tax types
In Yordex, Tax is a percentage. In Xero it is a type. You therefore have to map Yordex Tax % to Xero Tax types.
For example, if you map 20% to "20% (VAT on Expenses)" then all line items with 20% VAT in Yordex will be booked as"20% (VAT on Expenses)" in Xero.
"No VAT" will be used as the default. This means that if you have an order with 5% VAT but you never mapped 5% to anything, we will book it in Xero as "No VAT". We will make sure the total order amounts are still correct.
Booking Master Balance Top-Ups in Xero
We do not sync master balance top ups with Xero. This means that when you transfer funds from your existing bank account to the Yordex bank account, you have to book that transfer yourself in Xero following these steps.